Tuesday, December 9, 2014

I don't think this would happy to a real adult...

Three years ago I was doing a little play called A Midsummer Night's Dream - it's possible you may have heard of it, apparently it's quite famous. I don't want to mislead you though. It was amateur theatre, and although a lot of people came to see it I'm reasonably sure that's only because it has a large cast, and most of the people in the cast have family and friends. Also, a lot of the cast were pretty inexperienced so their family and friends were actually still keen to see them in a show. But I digress...

The director of the show had big ideas for the costumes and it happened that one of the cast members makes jewellery out of the ring pulls from cans - "Perfect!" said the director (probably - it was three years ago, how good do you think my memory is?) and then asked all of us to collect as many ring pulls as we could. Because I'm an awesome and enthusiastic team member I dutifully implored all of my friends and family to keep all of their ring pulls and give them to me. Which they did. And then the director changed his mind and we didn't end up using them.

I am still finding ring pulls everywhere.

The real moral of this story though, is that I don't think this would happen to a real adult. You know, the kind of adult that actually keeps their house tidy instead of only cleaning up when the mess is starting to get out of control. The kind of adult that drives to a Christmas party knowing that they have to work the next day and does not get talked into drinking roughly thirty seconds after they arrive. The kind of adult that sees something that needs to be done and actually does it then and there instead of thinking, "I should probably do that tomorrow" (note there is no actual commitment to do it tomorrow). I don't actually know any of these people. But I'm sure they exist. I've seen them on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment